Next Open Course
23 & 30 November (2 days)
£345 + VAT
Other Training Options
Qualify at home or work with our unique remote learning option.
- Interactive e-learning content
- Highfield food safety textbook (PDF version)
- Live webinars with a subject matter expert
- Contextualised learning
- Tutor support 7 days a week
- Mock exam with feedback
- Gain an Ofqual regulated qualification with remote online invigilation
Only £345 per person. Reduce costs and get your team learning together with our discounted group package for more than 4 candidates. The cost is £1095, plus £95 per person for certification.
The cost to deliver an on-site course for up to 15 candidates is £1295, plus £75 per person for certification.
Price does not include VAT.
Make a Booking Enquiry
Course Overview and Benefits
This Ofqual regulated qualification is delivered over three days and has been specifically developed by subject matter experts for those working in food manufacturing or catering. Successful candidates will gain a nationally recognised qualification accepted by an EHO or external auditor.
Candidates on this course will gain practical knowledge in how to implement and maintain high standards of food safety to protect consumers from harm and help the food business comply with current legislation.
- An introduction to food safety
- Common foodborne illnesses
- Cross contamination
- Food safety hazards and control measures
- Supervising personal hygiene
- Safe storage and temperature control of food products and raw materials
- Food spoilage and preservation
- The design & construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest management
- Supervision of food safety
- HACCP and food safety management systems
- Food safety training and coaching
- Implementing and maintaining a positive food safety culture
- Food safety legislation
The candidate must complete a 1 hour and 30 minutes examination consisting of 45 multiple-choice questions. To achieve a pass the candidate must answer at least 30 out of 45 questions correctly or 36 for a distinction.
Course Specification Documents
What Our Customers Say About Us...
We can deliver the Highfield Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering or Manufacturing in London (Enfield, Euston, Mayfair, Park Royal, East Acton, Harrow and Wembley), Oxfordshire (Banbury, Oxford and Witney), Buckinghamshire (Marlow, Aylesbury and MIlton Keynes), Bedfordshire ( Bedford, Luton and Leighton Buzzard), Berkshire (Slough, Bracknell, Marlow, Reading), Middlesex, Surrey,Northamptonshire (Corby, Northampton, Wellingborough), Rutland, Warwickshire ( Evesham, Warwick, Banbury), Staffordshire, Essex (Basildon and Harlow), Hertsfordshire (Welwyn Garden City, Watford and Hemel Hempstead), Sussex, Hampshire, Kent (Maidstone), Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire (Spalding and Holbech), Norfolk, Suffork and across the UK.