Live Virtual Classroom + Tutor
Next Open Course
£175 + VAT
Other Training Options
Qualify online at home or work with our unique remote learning option.
- Tutor marked assignments
- Live webinars with a subject matter expert
- Tutor support 7 days a week
- Mock online exam with feedback
- Gain an Ofqual regulated qualification with remote online invigilation
Only £175 per person. Reduce costs and get your team learning together with our discounted group package for more than 5 candidates. The cost to deliver an ‘in-house’ course in a ‘live virtual classroom’ is £545, plus £65 per person for certification.
The cost to deliver an on-site course at your premises or chosen venue for up to 15 candidates is £595, plus £40 per person for certification.
Price does not include VAT.
Make a Booking Enquiry
Course Overview and Benefits
This one day allergen management course has been specifically developed by subject matter experts for those working in catering. Successful candidates will gain a nationally recognised qualification accepted by an EHO or external auditor.
Candidates on this course will gain practical knowledge in how to effectively control allergenic hazards at all stages within the food chain from purchase to consumer. They will learn about procedures to improve communication of allergenic ingredients in food, controls to prevent contamination and legal requirements for food businesses to protect consumers from harm.
- Food hypersensitivities (food allergy, food intolerance and coeliac disease)
- Food allergy facts and figures
- The role of management in preventing allergenic hazards
- Food allergy risk assessment and ‘hot spots’
- Food safety culture
- Hidden allergens
- Food hypersensitivities and the law
- Food allergen labelling and signposting
- Food allergen matrix
- Communication procedures for allergenic ingredients from supplier to consumer
- Allergenic hazards and control measures
- Monitoring and corrective actions
- Allergy awareness training for food handlers
- Managing consumers with hypersensitivities
- Food allergy policy
- Verification methods
The assessment method for this course is a 1 hour multiple-choice examination, consisting of 30 questions. To pass the candidate must correctly answer 18 questions or more. A distinction is awarded for 24 or more correct questions.
The examination result for a candidate taking the online assessment is instant and an allergen management level 3 certificate is issued on the same day.
Course Specification Documents
What Our Customers Say About Us...
We can deliver the Highfield Level 3 Award in Allergen Management for Caterers anywhere in the UK. Locations include London (Harrow, Wembley, Enfield and Mayfair), Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes, Marlow, High Wycombe, Aylesbury and Buckingham), Oxfordshire (Bicester, Banbury and Oxford), Northamptonshire (Corby and Wellingborough), Hertfordshire (Watford), Bedfordshire (Luton), Rutland, Essex,Middlesex, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire (Spalding and Holbech), Suffolk, Warwickshire (Evesham), Norfolk (Norwich) and Surrey.