Next Open Course
Courses run 1 day per week over 5 weeks
4th, 11th, 18th & 25th of September and 2nd of October 2020
£645.00 + VAT
On-Site Training Option
Deliver a course on-site at your premises or chosen venue:
Up to 15 candidates = £2995
+ £95 per person for certification
Average cost on a course with
15 candidates is only £294 per person.
Price does not include VAT.
Make a Booking Enquiry
Course Overview and Benefits
Managing food safety in a catering or manufacturing environment can be challenging at times, especially if the person does not have the appropriate skills and knowledge. A competent manager will know how to effectively implement and maintain a food safety management system and promote a postive food safety culture.
This five day accredited course is aimed at catering managers, food production managers, auditors and anyone else who has a responsibility for managing food safety. The materials for this course have been developed by subject matter experts and are designed to encourage candidates to research and analyse the most appropriate management strategies to ensure safe food and met legal compliance.
- An introduction to food safety
- Foodborne diseases and food poisoning
- Food contamination and control
- Safe storage and temperature control
- Food spoilage and preservation
- The management of personal hygiene for food handlers
- The design and construction of a food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfections methods
- Integrated pest control (IPM)
- Food safety management systems and HACCP
- Essential auditing skills
- The role and responsibilities of the manager
- Food safety culture
This qualification is assessed through a two-part examination.
- Part one is a 30-question multiple-choice examination.
- Part two is a written examination where learners choose 4 from 6 questions.
Successful learners must achieve a total of at least 60 marks out of 100 across the two parts of the exam. A Merit will be awarded at 70/100 and a Distinction will be awarded at 80/100. The duration of the examination is 2 ½ hours.
Course Specification Documents
What Our Customers Say About Us...
We run open courses in Milton Keynes and London (Euston). Alternatively we can deliver an onsite course anywhere in the UK, including: London (Harrow, Wembley, East Acton, Park Royal), Buckinghamshire (Marlow and High Wycombe), Bedfordshire (Luton), Northamptonshire (Corby), Rutland, Lincolnshire (Spalding and Holbech), Warwickshire (Evesham and Warwick) Oxfordshire (Oxford, Bicester and Banbury), Staffordshire, Middlesex (Slough), Berkshire (Reading), Leicestershire, Birmingham, Manchester, Essex (Baslidon), East and West Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Cambridgeshire (Peterborough), Suffork, Norfolk (Norwich) and Hertfordshire (Watford, Welwyn Garden City and Hemel Hempstead).