Next Open Course
8,15,21 and 29 October and 5 November 2020 (5 days)
£545 + VAT
Qualify at home or work with our unique remote learning option.
- Highfield food safety textbook
- Live webinars with a subject matter expert
- Contextualised learning
- Tutor support 7 days a week
- Online revision questions
- Gain an Ofqual regulated qualification with remote online invigilation
Only £545 per person. Reduce costs and get your team learning together with our discounted group lessons. A cohort with 5 -10 candidates is £445 per person. More than 10 is £375 person.
The cost to deliver an on-site course for up to 15 candidates is £2995, plus £125 per person for certification Deliver a course on-site at your premises or chosen venue.
Make a Booking Enquiry
Course Overview and Benefits
Managing food safety in a catering or manufacturing environment can be challenging at times, especially if the person does not have the appropriate skills and knowledge. A competent manager will know how to effectively implement and maintain a food safety management system and promote a postive food safety culture.
This five day accredited course is aimed at catering managers, food production managers, auditors and anyone else who has a responsibility for managing food safety. The materials for this course have been developed by subject matter experts and are designed to encourage candidates to research and analyse the most appropriate management strategies to ensure safe food and met legal compliance.
- An introduction to food safety
- Foodborne diseases and food poisoning
- Food contamination and control
- Safe storage and temperature control
- Food spoilage and preservation
- The management of personal hygiene for food handlers
- The design and construction of a food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfections methods
- Integrated pest control (IPM)
- Food safety management systems and HACCP
- Essential auditing skills
- The role and responsibilities of the manager
- Food safety culture
This qualification is assessed through a two-part examination.
- Part one is a 30-question multiple-choice examination.
- Part two is a written examination where learners choose 4 from 6 questions.
Successful learners must achieve a total of at least 50 marks out of 100 across the two parts of the exam. A Merit will be awarded at 60/100 and a Distinction will be awarded at 70/100. The duration of the examination is 2 ½ hours.
Course Specification Documents
What Our Customers Say About Us...
We run open courses in Milton Keynes and London (Euston). Alternatively we can deliver an onsite course anywhere in the UK, including: London (Harrow, Wembley, East Acton, Park Royal), Buckinghamshire (Marlow and High Wycombe), Bedfordshire (Luton), Northamptonshire (Corby), Rutland, Lincolnshire (Spalding and Holbech), Warwickshire (Evesham and Warwick) Oxfordshire (Oxford, Bicester and Banbury), Staffordshire, Middlesex (Slough), Berkshire (Reading), Leicestershire, Birmingham, Manchester, Essex (Baslidon), East and West Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Cambridgeshire (Peterborough), Suffork, Norfolk (Norwich) and Hertfordshire (Watford, Welwyn Garden City and Hemel Hempstead).