Next Open Course
To be confirmed
Courses run for 1 day per week over 5 weeks.
£645.00 + VAT
On-Site Training Option
The cost to deliver a course on-site at your premises or chosen venue for up to 15 candidates is only £2995, plus £95 for certification. Average cost on a course with 15 candidates is only £294 per person. Price does not include VAT.
Make a Booking Enquiry
Course Overview and Benefits
The manager has a major role in preventing accidents and ill health in the workplace, and helping the business comply with current legislation. This five day accredited (QCF) course is designed to motivate the manager to think and behave in a manner that delivers high standards of health and safety management. It is ideal for anyone in a managerial role. Candidates on this course will gain knowledge in current health and safety law, common workplace hazards, effective control measure to eliminate or reduce the risk to an acceptable level and the role of management.
- Introduction to health and safety in the workplace
- Health and safety legislation and enforcement in the UK
- The management of health and safety at work
- Monitoring and auditing health and safety at work
- Implementing and maintaining a postive health and safety culture
- Five steps of risk assessment and safe systems of work
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Control of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- The safe use of workplace equipment and transport
- Electricity at work
- Working at Height
- The principles of fire safety
- Occupational health
- Safe manual handling
- Health and safety training
The qualification is assessed in two parts. In the first part, the learner must conduct a suitable and sufficient risk assessment and produce a safe system of work for a workplace task.
In the second part, the learner must complete a 2.5 hour examination consisting of 30 multiple-choice questions and 6 written questions( learner must select and answer 4). The learner will achieve a Pass at 60%, a Merit at 70% and a Distinction at 80%
Course Specification Documents
What Our Customers Say About Us...
The level 4 award in food safety can be delivered across the UK, including: London (Park Royal and Central London),Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes), Bedfordshire (Leighton Buzzard, Luton), Middlesex (Slough), Northamptonshire (Corby), Rutland, Derbyshire, Warwickshire (Banbury), Birmingham, Berkshire (Reading), Essex (Basildon), Surrey (Farnham), Lincolnshire (Spalding), Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire and Kent.