Remote Online Learning
Next Open Course
To be confirmed
£85.00 + VAT
Remote Learning (Live Virtual Classroom)
- Qualify online at home or work with our unique remote learning option.
- Comprehensive mental health textbook
- Live webinars with a subject matter expert
- Contextualised learning
- Tutor support 7 days a week
- Mock online exam with feedback
- Gain an Ofqual regulated mental health qualification with remote online invigilation
Only £85 per person. Reduce costs and get your team learning together with our discounted group package for more than 5 candidates. The cost to deliver an ‘in-house’ course in a ‘live virtual classroom’ is £445, plus £45 per person for certification.
The cost to deliver an on-site course at your premises or chosen venue for up to 15 candidates is £495, plus £15 per person for certification.
Prices do not Include VAT.
Make a Booking Enquiry
Course Overview and Benefits
The mental health charity ‘Mind’ report 1 in 4 people will encounter a mental health challenge every year in England. Statistics published in 2020 by the HSE also show 828,000 workers in the UK suffer from “work related stress, depression or anxiety (new or long standing)”.
This introductory 1-day training course has been developed by subject matter experts to raise awareness about mental ill health in society and provides clear advice for supporting your own wellbeing and helping others in distress. Content is suitable for any workplace and profession. Candidates will gain underpinning knowledge of the most common mental health conditions, stigma and its impact upon peoples’ experiences of mental health, strategies to manage your own wellbeing and guidance to support others who are struggling.
Completing this course does not qualify you to give therapy to a person who may need help.
- Understanding mental ill health and mental illnesses
- Signs and symptoms of mental ill health and mental illnesses
- Risk factors that increase susceptibility to mental ill health and mental illnesses
- Incidence of mental ill health in the UK
- Stigma associated with mental ill health
- The mental health continuum
- Benefits and limitations of a mental ill health diagnosis
- Strategies to manage own mental health
- Sources of guidance and support for own mental health
- Legal duties and responsibilities for employers in managing mental health in the workplace
The candidate must complete a 30-minute exam consisting of 15 multiple-choice questions. Successful candidates must achieve 60% or more in the assessment. The final grade is a pass or fail.
Course Specification Documents
The level 2 award in mental health can be delivered across the UK, including: London (Park Royal and Central London),Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes), Bedfordshire (Leighton Buzzard, Luton), Middlesex (Slough), Northamptonshire (Corby), Rutland, Derbyshire, Warwickshire (Banbury), Birmingham, Berkshire (Reading), Essex (Basildon), Surrey (Farnham), Lincolnshire (Spalding), Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire and Kent.